Movies at Wayne Theatre
– Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 7:30 pm
– $4 adults; $3 children (2D)
– $6 adults; $5 children (3D)
– Children are considered in the 6th Grade and below, adults are 7th Grade and up.
– Concessions – $1.00
– Call 641.872.2750 for movie listing
– Sunday afternoons @ High School 3 pm (adults)
– Outdoor Court @ Elementary
– New basketball court next to Fire Station — South of Square
Bowling Green Lanes – Hwy. 14 North
641.872.1105; bowling from 10 am; lunch available. Evening bowling on Fridays & Saturdays from 6:00 pm.
Prairie Trails Family Aquatic Center
summer public facility –Red Cross Learn to Swim –preschool/baby classes — exercise classes — For facility rental call 872-1826 before summer and 872-2322 during summer.
Nine-Hole Golf Course @ Walden Park
Memberships – Family $250; Single $225; Student – high school/college $100; Non-member green fees – $20.00 all day
Mens Golf League- Wednesdays
Tennis Courts – next to Aquatic Center
– (resurfaced) w/ pickleball lines; metered lights; signup for summer doubles tennis & pickleball tournaments–youth & adult @ 641.872.1826 or 641.872.3473
Playgrounds & Picnic
– Large wooden playground at Elementary School on S. DeKalb St.
– Walden Park, S. East St. New playground equipment! Sand Volleyball court.
Call Wayne County Conservation to reserve, 641.873.4670
– Corydon Lake Park, S. West St. Entrance
– Bob White Park, Allerton (3 miles)
Community Building – Walden Park
501 S. East St.
Available for rent
– Can host up to 110; cannot make reservations earlier than 6 months in advance
– $100 day/night; $125 if wedding reception; $150 if profit making
– Call City Hall to reserve at 641.872.1826
Biking, Walking, Running
– Corydon Lake Park to Walden Park thru Van Terry Living Classroom (near elementary)
– Cinder Path (Humeston to Chariton)
– Nature walk Bob White State Park, Allerton (3 miles)
– Corydon Lake Park
– Rathbun Lake – 15 miles near Centerville
*Hunting and Fishing Licenses available at Wayne County Courthouse
Iowa Seasons – Recorder 641.872.1676
Corydon Lake Park W. Hwy 2