11.14.18 – Work Session Minutes
Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
Present were Mayor Moorman, Council Members Jaeckel, Holmes, Bennett and Rupe. Others in attendance were Glenn Williamson, Karen Brumley, Malisha Hagan and the City clerk.
1. Discuss future of library building.
Williamson and Brumley were present to confirm that the City’s intent is for the Library to remain in the building. Hagan was present to confirm Protos Properties LLC potential interest in the building.
The Council discussed options for sale of the building and future financing. Additional work sessions will be scheduled as more information is received.
2. Discuss changes to parking ordinance.
Sections of the ordinance in regards to parking in the middle of the streets around the square will be eliminated. The times will be changed for parking on the south side of W. State St. This will be for the convenience of guests at the Hotel Rea and for Prairie Trails Wellness Center. Changes will be sent to legal counsel for preparation of an Ordinance.
3. Discuss applications for City crew & interview process.
The Council looked over the applications for city crew and agreed to book interviews in the evening in the few days. Starting wage was discussed. The clerk was instructed to put together a sheet stating wages and benefits.
4. Discuss appointment of Council Member.
The Council discussed options for appointees to the position.
5. Discuss appointment of Council Member to Wayne County Housing Committee and $ of one time allocation.
The Clerk asked who on the Council would be interested in serving on the Committee and how much of an allocation the Council Members had in mind. This will be an agenda item at the November 20th meeting.
6. Discuss health insurance renewals.
The Council looked over the renewal paperwork for City health insurance, and discussed claim and enrollment numbers. This will be an agenda item at the November 20th meeting.
7. Discuss Pardock building.
Moorman presented a written statement of the meeting that he and Rupe had with Bill Pardock on November 7. Dennis also had photos of the building and the surrounding surfaces. Pardock has asked for additional time. This will be an agenda item at the November 20th meeting.
8. Langloss tiling quote?
Holmes will speak with Langloss regarding problems and ideas for tiling.
9. The clerk presented a page of the Cityscape that reported on Waverly’s guest council member program.
The Council expressed enough interest in this program for a Resolution to be prepared for consideration at the November 20th meeting.
10. The clerk advised the Council that Bill Byrns has asked that new appointments be made to the Emergency Management Commission and the 911 Board. The Mayor is normally appointed to the Commission and the Fire Chief to the 911 Board.
A resolution for these appointments will be added to the agenda for the November 20th meeting.